ICJ Kenya Programme Officer Jobs career Kenya 2013
Established in 1959, the Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya) is a non-governmental, non –partisan, not for profit making, membership organisation registered in Kenya.
It is however autonomous from the ICJ Geneva.
The primary Mission of the organisation is to promote and protect human rights, democracy and the rule of law nationally and regionally.
Nationally the organisation has distinguished itself with its consistent tract record of well-informed advocacy and leadership and is today widely acknowledged as a premier human rights organisation in Kenya.
ICJ Kenya seeks to fill the vacancy as detailed below and hereby invites suitably qualified Kenyans to apply.
Position: Programme Officer – Access To Justice Programme
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- To initiate and develop project ideas and proposals in line with the Access to Justice programme
- To effectively manage and coordinate the implementation of programmatic activities within the Access to Justice Programme.
- To carry out research, surveys within the judicial programme to determine areas of intervention. These may include: judicial training, trial observations, court monitoring and provision of legal resources such as text of international treaties amongst others.
- To develop, inspire and lead the programme team to achieve outstanding performance.
- To liaise and consult with the Executive Director on areas of programmatic mandate.
- To liaise with the Finance Office to determine the programme budgets.
- To prepare periodic reports for external and internal use.
- To monitor and evaluate projects within the programme
- To represent the organization in networking meetings when called upon to do so and to create networks within the programmatic mandate.
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director
- Be an advocate of the High court of Kenya
- Hold a law Degree from a recognized Institution and a post graduate diploma from the Kenya School of Law
- Have some knowledge in Project Management
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills