I-TECH Consultancy Work for the Upgrade of an Existing EMR System Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2013
I-TECH, University of Washington and ICAP, Columbia University are collaborating to upgrade C-PAD, an Electronic Medical Records System currently implemented in multiple government health facilities across Kenya.
This upgrade is aimed at ensuring that CPAD meets the requirements defined in the MoH EMR Standards and Guidelines document.
The upgraded CPAD will run as a Web Application on the OpenMRS Data Model
This Consultancy will be to provide technical and development resources for a specified period.
- An upgraded C-PAD EMR system meeting the requirements defined in the Kenya Standards and Guidelines document for EMR systems.
- The system will be able to support the comprehensive HIV care services provided by ICAP and meet MoH reporting requirements.
- A System specifications document.
- Technical and user documentation.
- Data dictionary of data elements
- Interoperability functions with other party software such as ADT and DHIS as required by the Kenya Standards and Guidelines document for EMR systems
- Demonstrated experience in software development.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of Web Applications.
- Good understanding and ability to work with the OpenMRS data model.
- Good understanding of the Kenya Health Sector. Experience in development for the health sector will be an added advantage.
- Develop database solutions on (MySQL and PostgreSQL) for proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, recovery specifications and resolving problems by passing parameters to databases.
- Analyze functional and architectural design documents to determine coding needed from generalized functional requirements.
- Develop technical design documents, including, flowcharts, diagrams, and/or write pseudo code to illustrate sequence of steps and describe logical operations.
- Design, create, and maintain unit test plans and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Create user interface flows, assets, screens, and apply creative thinking to wire-frame functionality and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences across web platforms
- Their competence
- Proposed approach to the upgrade
- Available capacity / personnel for this project
- Proposed timelines for the upgrade