Tullow Oil Job career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Job Title: Planning Engineer
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100.
The Group has interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 24 countries focusing on four core regions: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America.
Working for Tullow Oil in Kenya, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference.
Tullow provides the opportunity to build a solid future within its rapidly expanding portfolio and provides competitive rewards as part of its people strategy.
Tullow’s high level of employee engagement is also one of its key success factors that it wants to continue building on.
The overall purpose of the role is to:
Tullow Kenya BV seeks to recruit a Planning Engineer.
The position holder will be supervising the Junior Planners.
- Degree relevant to the discipline
- Highly conversant in both planning and some cost engineering methodologies
- Experience of industry standard project controls systems such as Primavera P6, Artemis, or MS Project is essential.
- 10 years experience in planning with at least 5 years spent in a similar role.
- Membership of a professional body such as APM or PMI is desirable.
Job Specification – Planning Engineer
- To provide a reliable and responsive planning service on assigned projects or programmes that is consistent with project or programme plans.
- Supervise the development of Company and Contractor schedules for all phases of a project and or operation and to monitor and report progress against these schedules.
- When assigned to a project team the planning engineer represents and acts on behalf of the Group Project Controls Manager to support the company’s requirements for an integrated Project Control System.
- To analyse project requirements and prepare a Project Master Schedule which integrates constraints and strategies for all phases.
- Prepare logic diagrams, in accordance with a Work Breakdown Structure, which form the basis for detailed level schedule reporting and analysis. Issue detailed activity schedules and expedite the return of schedule updating data.
- To monitor progress against schedules, analyse deviations and recommend remedial actions.
- Prepare agenda items for schedule review meetings.
- To prepare and maintain progress curves for each project phase.
- To co-ordinate, in conjunction with discipline engineers, a document level progress measurement system and operate the performance measurement system.
- To prepare and maintain in conjunction with the material control group, a tracking system
- To prepare and make presentations to project teams and senior management on schedule control methodologies and procedures used by the company and the project/operation.
- To assist the Group Project Controls Manager in maintaining schedule related database, administration of the Project Control group in the Planning System and the development of new planning tools and methodologies.
- Any ad-hoc tasks as required by the Group Projects Control Manager
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Takes a proactive approach
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
- Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
- Open, honest & reliable
How to apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 7th June 2013
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.