PATH Receptionist Job career in Kenya 2013
Receptionist, PATH Kenya Country Program
Tracking Code: 5610
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation.
We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities.
Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
PATH seeks to fill the position of Receptionist who will be responsible for the reception and secretarial duties of the PATH Kenya Office.
S/he will also support in the performance of a variety of administrative tasks.
Since his/her work involves frequent dealings with the public, s/he must have a friendly, courteous, professional and efficient approach.
The specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Answer telephone calls, take messages and ensure staff receive messages promptly.
- Report and follow up on faulty telephone lines.
- Maintain the appearance of the lobby / reception area.
- Receive and attend to visitors whist they await appointment.
- Responsible for front office security.
- Receive documents and other deliveries for the office, ensuring that these are distributed to respective addressees.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail including courier services; prepare mail labels for outgoing mail, log in and stamp incoming & outgoing mail appropriately.
- Work closely with the Travel Planner to get updates and information on staff whereabouts to enable accurate information sharing.
- Update staff and PATH partners contact lists and data bases.
- Support the preparation of staff meetings and record meeting proceedings.
- Support with document preparation such as typing, photocopying, scanning, faxing etc as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, polite and pleasant personality and courteous on phone.
- Considerable tact and poise, dynamic, creative & innovative person.
- Have self drive and motivation.
- Neat and well organized person, a time keeper and team player.
- Excellent secretarial skills including oral communication, cohesive interpersonal skills, with ability to work under pressure and deal with people of varied orientations.
- Ability to perform a variety of important sometimes urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities for the Administrative and sometimes management staff
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and establish and maintain good working relationships with officials, other employees and the general public.
- Considerable skill in operation of a computer. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain office records and files, interpret rules and regulations and to apply them to work situations.
Diploma in Secretarial studies including a minimum of two years Receptionist work or Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management with at least 3 year experience in a busy reception / environment.
Knowledge of standard secretarial / receptionist practices and of business English, arithmetic, modern office equipment, practices, and procedures required
Job Locations: Nairobi
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
please visit our employment website, http://www.path.org/employment.php, click on the career site link, search for job code 5610, and apply online.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.