Happy Villages Organization Finance and Office Administrator Job in Nyanza, Kenya 2013
Job Title: Finance and Office Administrator
Reports to: Program Manager, HVK.
Based at: Happy Villages Office – Lieta Sub-Location, Rarieda District, Nyanza Province.
Purpose of the Role:
To assist in management and implementation of financial and administrative duties of the organization, and be responsible for financial planning, supervision and reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures that Happy Villages is operating within the Kenyan and International Accounting Standards;
- Establish, manage and regularly review all finance procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance to the organization’s Finance policies;
- Provide leadership, oversight and advice on financial matters;
- Monitor annual project budgets and proposal budgets;
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting on monthly basis to the board through the PM;
- Maintain and update the project filing system;
- Liaise with the bank and relevant government institutions;
- Keep financial documents and records to meet the organizational requirements;
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash and report to the board through the PM;
- Assist the process of financing and annual audits;
- Correspond on the various administrative matters;
- Develop systems for handling enquiries that save time without comprising supporter relationships;
- Keep records of the office supplies, materials and equipment;
- Compiling of organization’s annual returns and submitting to the NGO office.
- Diploma in Accounting/Finance or Business/Commerce;
- High level of skills in project planning and management, demonstrated skills in prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written English;
- Knowledge and skills in computing;
- Able to handle office administration independently;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skill in working with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills;
- Commitment to Happy Villages vision and mission;
Applications should include;
- Letter of application indicating interest
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Three letters of reference with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates
Recruitment Committee, Happy Villages Organization.
Remuneration: 20,000Ksh per month consolidated starting salary
Or posted: P. O. Box 19573 (40123), Mega City, Kisumu.
Or dropped: Happy Villages Offices (Kisumu – Mega City)
NB; Full Terms of Reference are available at www.happyvillages.org