Smoothtel Operations Manager Job in Kenya 2013
We are an ICT company that prides itself in delivery of cost-effective future proof solutions, backed by exemplary customer service.
The Operations Manager serves as a middle member of the management Team, providing leadership in developing management strategies and systems for achievement of all operations objectives.
The Manager oversees the business operations to ensure all project objectives and deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
We endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our clients and able to deliver our commercial strategy.
Being the Operations Manager, you are Directly Responsible for:
1. Project Planning & Management
- Project planning: develop specific timelines for projects to deliver an accurate budget.
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising them as appropriate to meet changing software needs and requirements.
- Identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities to self and project team towards achievement of objectives.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects, scope of work and coordinating project reporting.
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by team, conduct quality control and analysis before passing to client.
- Documenting all project workflows and deliverables for easier follow up, coordination, maintenance and support.
- Documenting viable projects and writing project proposals, presentations and project requirements documents.
- Designing, developing and implementing sound programmatic solutions to clients with no supervision.
- Engaging in deliberations with other organization and stakeholders, make presentations, pitch solutions to the relevant parties and close sales / partnership agreements for new businesses and joint ventures for the viable solutions.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and installation problems.
- Resolves and /or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effectively apply company methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Identify and minimizes exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, updated, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Ensure customer documents i.e. completion certificates, job card, delivery notes are all issued & signed by project completion.
2. IT Products/Services Management
- Provide network access to all staff
- Make recommendations to management on the purchase of technology resources
- Monitor security of all technology in use
- Ensure that the computers, FingertTec Scanners, Cameras and their softwares are at all times well configured and in good working condition.
- Assistance in project implementation and system deployment
- Technical support to end-users
- Liaison with vendors and services providers
- Engage in practical research and initiate ideas that promote system availability & performance
- To maintain the LAN and systems in “state of the art” condition
- To monitor the state of the network and general network throughput
- To take ownership and responsibility of all technical, planning, operational and security issues concerning the LAN and systems
- Maintenance of servers, workstations, network cabling and network hardware
- To assess the quality and reliability of existing hardware, software, operating systems and network components that comprise the LAN, and make recommendations for upgrade or replacement where necessary on routine basis
- To conduct and verify the validity of daily backups of the server.
- To ensure that the electronic mail capabilities of the server are operational at peak performance at all times.
- To solve technical problems through trouble shooting.(Repairs and Maintenance)
3. Team Leadership and Management
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Lead the IT and the customer service coordination department, managing, mentoring and motivating the team;
- Undertake annual staff performance reviews;
- Ensure that procedures are properly documented.
- Ensure that time attendance and execution of duties is at optimum in the department
- Ensure that staff leave is well managed and allocated
- Facilitates project teams and client meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with project team
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to management
4. Client Management
- Manages day-to-day client interaction
- Sets and manages client expectations
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen Client Relationships
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Reporting to this position: Engineers, Technicians, Transport, Stores Operations, Customer Service Coordinators and Subcontractors.
- University degree in the field of Information Technology.
- Seven (7) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Certifications in Project Management, MCSE, CCNA, CISCO, CITRIX Preferred.
- Business Acumen highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows administration, Active Directory, Network Services – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Satellite (VSAT), Domain Name System (DNS) etc Updates Services, DTU (lease lines) is an added advantage.
- Database and operating systems experience with project management software.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 100 users is highly desirable.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- You may be required to work extra hours to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Applications should be done on email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This positions need to be urgently filled.
Persons that do not meet minimum requirements need not apply