Solicitor General Job in the Attorney General’s Office, Kenya 2013
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 9(2) of the Office of Attorney-General Act No.49 of 2012, which requires that the Public Service Commission recommends to the President persons to be nominated for appointment to the Office of Solicitor General, applications are now invited from suitably qualified persons for the position.
- qualified to hold the office of Judge of a superior court under the Constitution; and
- meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- In addition to the above requirements, a candidate should have the following key competencies:-
- integrity and commitment to produce results;
- creativity, innovativeness, technical problem solving skills, resource management, administrative and supervisory skills;
- demonstrable planning and organizational skills; and
- personal responsibility/the willingness to accept responsibilities for own actions and outcomes.
- organizing, co-ordinating and managing the administrative and legal functions of the office;
- assisting, the Attorney-General in the performance of his duties as the Principal Legal Advisor to the Government;
- conducting or assigning and supervising all court cases including appeals or petitions on behalf of the Attorney-General;
- formulating and ensuring implementation of development strategies for Government Legal Services;
- being responsible for the discipline of State Counsel and other members of staff of the Office (subject to Article 234 of the Constitution);
- undertaking duties of alternate Chairperson of the Disciplinary Tribunal;
- performing duties of alternate Chairperson of the College of Arms;
- performing duties as a member of the Council of Legal Education;
- co-ordinating the attachment of candidates for pupilage in the office; and
- performing such other duties as may be conferred by law or otherwise assigned to the Solicitor-General by the Attorney-General .
- Each application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany an online application.
- A copy of the National Identity Card/Passport should be appended.
- All applications should be clearly marked “Application for position of Solicitor General ” and submitted in any ONE of the following ways:
- Manual applications should be hand delivered to the reception desk on ground floor of Commission House, off Harambee Avenue.
- Online applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted applications should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 30095-00100
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct).
Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Public Service Commission