Sales and Marketing Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Title: Sales and Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Based at: Nairobi, Kenya
We are a network of responsible tourism destinations operating internationally and locally and looking for a Sales & Marketing Assistant who will work hand in hand with the Sales & Marketing Manager in planning and carrying out marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of the company in Kenya and the region.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Prospecting and qualifying potential clients
- Develop and maintain new accounts, manage existing ones and increase their production for the portfolio year on year.
- Conduct sales calls & sales blitz to various customer segments
- Facilitate suppliers and partners facilities inspection, on need basis
- Negotiating rates and drafting contracts to suppliers
- Designing sellable and attractive packages for both local and international clients
- Developing and marketing promotional packages and special offers.
- Involved in developing Rate structure for the Brand.
- In-house design for the Brand marketing collateral such as fliers, brochures and E-shots suitable to the target market, while at the same time representing the brand
- Generating monthly Sales & Marketing activity report vis-a-vis budget.
- Develop monthly production reports for the Brand portfolio.
- Implement marketing strategies, including advertising, Brand positioning and PR for the local markets.
- Carry out the necessary and appropriate market intelligence for use in developing and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies to increase Market Share to the Brand.
- Website optimization, ensuring that our Camps appear among the top listed Camps in common search engines.
- E-marketing, SEO, positively promote the Camps visibility in the internet.
- Conducting research on current marketing and online promotional trends in the industry.
- Continually review our website and compare it with sites of similar establishments and subsequently propose appropriate necessary improvements to be proposed to our web developers
- Review online forums and subscription groups relevant to marketing our Camps with view of using the same to reach our existing clients and potential customers.
- Promote our web presence to ensure that our website, content and services reach our target clientele
- Positively promote our Camps visibility in the internet.
- Continuously monitor Google search rankings and provide analytical statistics
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Sales & Marketing Manager or other Liaison Managers.
Person profile for the Sales and Marketing Assistant
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented and proactive sales and marketing person, able to identify new business opportunities and convert them into genuine long-term loyal business relationships.
- A team player, mature and flexible person willing to go the extra mile.
- A credible and integral person, comfortable in dealing with senior & multiracial personalities.
Qualifications and experience:
- A graduate Diploma/degree in Sales and Marketing & or related field.
- A Minimum of 5 years working experience, in Travel and Hospitality Industry.
- An excellent understanding of the Tourism & Travel industry in East Africa, with an emphasis on Kenya.
- Proven sales performance & leadership skills in managing people and customers.
CV and cover letter can be emailed to: Hospitalitysales2013@gmail.com