Tetra Tech ARD Chief of Party Jobs career in Kenya 2013
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for the project and expatriate and local teams;
- Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
- Service as the primary point of contact for USAID and other project stakeholders;
- Interface directly with counterpart government leaders and other stakeholders including civil society organizations;
- Oversee technical activities of the project and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
- Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
- Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables;
- Manage all staff and ensure effective financial management and periodic reporting of program results.
- Advanced degree in political science, public policy, public administration, or relevant field;
- 10+ years of experience in an executive role in an international development setting;
- 5+ years of managing or supervising projects of similar complexity, preferably with a USAID or other donor-funded program as a Chief of Party or Team Leader;
- Working knowledge of the devolution issues, challenges, and developments in Kenya as well as an in depth understanding of the political history and regional politics.
- Demonstrated capability to build capacity through a donor-funded program related to local governance, decentralization, and civil society;
- Ability to establish strong relationships with a range of organizations, beneficiaries and related parties (e.g., national and sub-national government, NGOs, private sector);
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required;
- Prior experience in East Africa;
Apply on-line at:
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas.