CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya,Jobs career in Kenya 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, supported by MasterCard Foundation, is established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
We are looking for a young person with potential and passion to work as our creative designer.
He/She must be creative, intelligent and able to come up with great ideas.
Successful candidate will be based at CAP offices in Westland’s with occasional travel to the field to collect information.
He/she will be tasked to develop content for website, develop and design newsletters, develop articles prepare presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fostering creation of local fact sheets.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding story through interview, observation, and research.
- Use the written word to express story lines and ideas.
- Interviewing various stake holders and getting their feedback and using that to prepare articles.
- Conduct extensive research on various topics.
- Write outlines and rough drafts for various articles.
- Create content using various multimedia formats that can be read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
- Develop original content for short stories and case studies.
- Edit content for correct spelling and grammar.
- Developing content for the organizations website
- Responsible for the social media strategy in the company
- In charge of creating and distributing newsletters
- Work with editors to revise and rewrite sections.
- Write books or content for magazines, newsletters, and blogs.
- May take photographs or shoot video to illustrate stories.
- Designing newsletters.
- Preparing presentations to be presented in various forums.
- Designing fliers and brochures.
- Collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events to write news stories for publication.
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Past experience as a reporter is desirable.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Networking skills a must.
- Must be flexible.
- One (3) year working experience as a Creative Designer, creative writer.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Must have relevant training in Marketing, Journalism or PR.
- Must be flexible and always willing to go an extra mile.
- Past experience in social medial management is desirable.
- Open minded and willing to take different challenges.
- Photography skills are a must.
How to apply
This position is on full time basis.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to email@example.com by 30th May 2013.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected pay.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.