CAP Counsellor Jobs career in Kenya 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, supported by MasterCard Foundation, is established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
- Facilitating life skills programme.
- Organizing community-based projects, which provide students with avenues to express themselves, raise concerns and discuss their aspirations.
- Network with community resources to provide a guest lecture series supplementary to the life skills programme.
- Give Theoretical and practical instruction in the area of specialization.
- Mentoring and supporting students to encourage social inclusion.
- Assisting students make choices about their present and future options on various situations.
- Provide crisis intervention and might also help youths to resolve conflicts, overcome life hurdles and replace undesirable habits with acceptable behaviors.
- Provide support and advice to students experiencing difficulties, such as family problems, unemployment, illness, drug abuse and homelessness.
- Preparing and maintaining schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, teaching and learning materials and trainee records.
- Establish and supervise youth clubs and small neighborhood support groups in the locality.
- Assessing the needs of students, planning and delivering programmes related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, relationships and bullying;
- Use computers, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Planning and organizing appropriate youth community programmes.
- Provide individual counseling to students.
- Guide and counsel students with life challenges.
- Conducting co-curricular activities.
- Maintain trainee discipline.
- Guidance and counseling of trainees.
- Develop session plans and learning materials that reflect both current information and skills, as well as the diverse learning styles and needs of the groups.
- Assist learners in gaining and utilizing skills necessary to participate in community and society, including through academic support behaviour control, social skills, communication skills, successful interpersonal behaviour, and coping skills.
- Help students participate and work cooperatively within a team environment.
- Developing Life skills curriculum.
- Assist students to develop skills necessary to become productive adults and function appropriately in jobs and volunteer positions.
- Assist and empower students by identifying a main concern, develop and carry out strength based independent living plans that include measurable goals and objectives.
- Teach life skills and document progress as it pertains to attained goals.
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Networking skills a must.
- Must be flexible.
- Three (3) years working experience in Counseling, training life skills.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Must have relevant Degree in psychology/ related field.
- Aged 25 to 33 years.
- Must be passionate about working with young people.
- Degree in PR, Marketing, Mass media, Customer relations.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th May 2013.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.