Islamic Relief Livelihood Supervisors Jobs in Mandera and Wajir Kenya 2013
Islamic Relief is an international NGO, established in 1984 in the UK, seeking to promote sustainable Economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and developmental activities.
We aim to help the needy regardless of Race, Religion, Color and Gender.
Islamic Relief is currently running Programmes in several sectors that include Education, Health & Nutrition, Water & Sanitation, Livelihoods Support and Child Welfare.
IRK also implements seasonal Food Security Programmes including the Ramadan Food Distribution and Qurbani.
Position: Livelihood Supervisor
Duty Station: One post Mandera, One Post Wajir
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of the Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and DRR Programme in accordance with the IRK’s country strategic plan and the county strategic plan.
- Support partners in advocacy efforts around strategic issues, including sustainable management of natural resources, Food Security and climate change adaptation and mitigation, at local, district and county level.
- Keep abreast of political, economic and social developments in the area of operation and report the same to the Project Coordinator and the Area Manager.
- Identify existing gaps in the community, suitable sustainable innovative projects for co-financing and assist with preparation of proposal and reports to donors
- Assist in the development and implementation of sustainable livelihoods and DRR related project activities to ensure consistency with project objectives
- Mentor the field monitors in the implementation of the DRR/Livelihood strategy in the assigned area of work.
- Assist in managing expenditure of DRR/Livelihood activities to ensure accountability and transparency
- Assist in compiling of all monitoring information on a regular basis and documentation of lessons learnt from field visits and project activities.
- Graduate level education in Agriculture or any DRR other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years working experience with INGOs in the field of Sustainable Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Building.
- Vast Experience in DRR/Livelihood programme –planning, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in Food Security and Livelihood as well as DRR work in the ASALs.
- Prior experience in budget control and financial management
- Excellent command of the most common methodologies to identify, asses and monitor IG activities, with proven record of achievements;
- Strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
How to Apply:
For a detailed Job description on the position kindly, visit our website: www.islamicreliefkenya.org.
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than Friday 24thMay, 2013 clearly mentioning the position you are applying for.
CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.