IED Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job in Kenya 2013
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Institute For Educational Development
Strengthening Education Systems East Africa
This position will provide support for IED Projects and be responsible for providing effective and efficient project support to meet project objectives.
This position is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities for IED projects
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer duties will include:
- Working with Manager, Projects and External Relations, coordinates M&E activities to ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are planned, implemented and reported in an efficient, effective and timely manner
- Coordinating activities and participating as appropriate in the collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Assist in developing the overall framework and strategy for project M&E e.g. annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Preparing reports on monitoring and evaluation activities, as required
- Participating in tracking project control measures to ensure timely project implementation
- Identifying and providing technical support requirements for monitoring of implemented interventions at all levels of project implementation
- Maintaining efficient electronic and manual filing systems for project monitoring & evaluation information
- Any other monitoring and evaluation duties as assigned by the Director, IED EA or Manager projects and External Relations.
The IED Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be appointed for three years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The position will require travel to regional areas in East Africa.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold an MA Degree in Statistics, Sociology, Economics or related field.
- Have minimum of five years similar or related work experience
- Have excellent communication skills both in English and Kiswahili.
- High level of written English skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Be proficient in MS Office applications including high level skills in Excel.
To find further details on this role please visit our website www.aku.edu
Please send your application letter comprising a maximum of 2 pages addressing the selection criteria, a current CV, and contact details for two professional referees to
Human Resources Office,
AKU-TIHE, P.O Box 125 Dar es Salaam,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th June 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted