Nation Media Group Easy FM News Presenter / Reporter Job in Kenya 2013
News Presenter / Reporter
Job Ref: HR-NPR-05-2013
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of News Presenter/Reporter.
The successful candidate will strengthen the capability of the staff of Nation Broadcasting Division for its Easy FM Radio Station.
We invite journalists who are media savvy with strong creativity and know how on cutting edge.
If you are seeking to work in an exciting environment that nurtures creativity, then this is an opening available for you.
Key result areas will include:
- Presentation of news by making oneself presentable, audible and use of acceptable language and delivery skills;
- Taking instructions and briefs from the News Editor on stories to be covered;
- Researching and developing scripts for news;
- Presenting news at the top of the hour.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
- A university degree and/or a Diploma in the relevant field;
- A strong command of English – written and spoken;
- Excellent understanding of journalistic standards and media laws;
- Thorough knowledge of current affairs;
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of teamwork;
- Experience as a News Presenter will be an added advantage.
Your application should be accompanied by:
- A short voice demo;
- A short essay on the benefits and challenges facing the radio industry in Kenya today.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email their applications and detailed CVs online to: http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 27th May, 2013.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.