IT Coordinator Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Position: IT Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director
Purpose of the position
Responsible for All IT/IS related in the Company.
- SAP knowledge is a MUST.
- Set up system security values in accordance with Company policy
- Ensure that all major initiatives are in line with IT Company objectives and directions.
- Setting and maintaining system security through profiles as required
- Security event monitoring – History logs and audit journals.
- Implementation of firewalls and virus detection software
- Ensure system data is secure through backups as required.
- Installation of only authorized software in Computers
- Ensure systems upgrades are done as and when necessary.
- Ensure that all operational systems are functional.
- Oversee the development of management information systems.
- Monitoring overall systems performance.
- Updating and generating timely management reports
- Ensure all computer software copyrights are adhered to and all software licences are in place.
- Establish and maintain efficient hardware and network infrastructure.
- Plan and advise management on hardware issues.
- Ensure hardware maintenance and liaison with suppliers on systems performance.
- Explore ways to maximise resources usage
- Ensure that Organizations IS strategies are properly implemented.
- Ensure IS coordination between all respective Departments.
- Purchase IT HW & SW as per approved Budget & Company policies.
- Keep a HW & SW register.
- Plan, advice and co-ordinate information system activities for adequacy and shortcomings.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of the Company mandatory items (software, hardware/network infrastructure).
- Establish and submit yearly IT department’s budgets as well as ensure its control
- Establish and maintain IT long-term plans
- Facilitate IT related courses and seminars.
- Ensure user support in the organization.
Key Performance Metrics
- System Security Management
- Systems Management
- Hardware Management
- IT/IS Administration and Coordination
- Training and Support.
Know-How and Skills
Know-How and Skills
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong technical background
- Customer-oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Strong achievement focus i.e. high energy levels and commitment to end results
- Good communication skills with demonstrated clarity in spoken and written words
- Ability to solve incidents requiring creativity and initiative.
- Understanding of business systems.
- Achievement focus
- Self Motivation.
- Technical knowledge.
- Ability to transfer Skills \ Training
- Team Player
- Multitasking Skills
- Logical thinking
- Technical knowledge
- University degree in Information Technology/related field
- Certification in Windows operations/Programming
Qualifying candidates should send their application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB 25th May 2013.