Architects Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Our Client a leading architectural firm with offices in Nairobi and operations in Africa has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled & resourceful candidates to fill the above positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Architectural Degree from a recognized university (preferably first class or second upper or an international equivalent).
- 4 years work experience with a minimum of 2 years experience with a post registration experience gained in a busy architectural environment, evidenced by projects undertaken (portfolio of works).
- Secondary school education:- Mathematics and English with a minimum of B or its equivalent.
- Has to be BORAQS registered.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, ARCHICAD, or equivalent software and MS Office.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Must possess excellent communication skills in English and Swahili
- Must be capable of working on projects with very tight deadlines
- Able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Must be self directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- A mature individual with a high level of discretion and unquestionable integrity.
- Must be flexible to varying working hours.
- Must be able to effectively train junior team members and provide leadership in accordance to the company’s vision.
- Ability to inspire team to higher performance level of growth
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities Will Include:-
- Consult with client to determine functional and spatial requirements of structure.
- Taking client brief, undertaking project initialization, contract preparation and signing.
- Site investigation, inventory taking (detailed site analysis).
- Preparing design concepts, preliminary design scheme design detailed design and construction details
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Coordinate and work closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.-
- Coordinating other consultants involved in the project to facilitate appropriate design inputs and timely project implementation.
- Leading the project team in conjunction with the firms principals.
- Participating and guiding the preparation of tender documents and participating in tender process.
- Preparing and guiding site handover to contractors, supervising the project, arranging and chairing site meetings and inspections, clarifying contractual issues, facilitating appropriate project implementation.
- Direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Plan layout of project.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Prepare scale drawings
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Determining the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any related problems that may arise during construction.
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget.
- Play a part in project and team management.
- Mentor and train of junior staff, team building and all other necessary duties that may be required in the office.
- Travel regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
Qualifying candidates should send their application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com before COB 25th May 2013.