Senior Declaration Officer Jobs career in Mombasa, Kenya 2013
Senior Declaration Officer
We are an established clearing and forwarding company with major clients in East and Central Africa.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the position of “Senior Declaration Officer”
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake all declaration procedures for Imports and Exports
- Application of IDFs
- Advice the management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or operations.
- Bonds management and cancellation procedures
- Ensure correct use of the Kenya Revenue Authority Tariff
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Must be 35 years and above in age
- Must have over 6 years experience in the same capacity
- Be able to work under pressure
- Must posses an east African community freight forwarding and practicing certificate.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain good working relationships with all the stake holders in the field.
- Must have used and highly conversant with KRA Simba system and Orbus.
- Must be flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya, east and central Africa.
Applications must be received on or before 30th May 2013
Applications enclosing current CV, Certificates and testimonials should be sent to:
P O Box 86029-801 00
Only successful candidates will be contacted