ICJ Deputy Executive Director Jobs career in Kenya 2013
The Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya)
Vacancy Re- Advertisement
Position: Deputy Executive Director
ICJ Kenya seeks to fill the vacancy as detailed below. Suitably qualified Kenyans are invited to apply.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To deputize the Executive Director in the development of strategic direction of the organization.
- To deputize the Executive Director in the provision of leadership and management of ICJ Kenya operations.
- To assist the Executive Director in the development of concrete interventions in discharging ICJ Kenya’s mandate.
- To initiate policy proposals for consideration by Council
- To raise funds and negotiate grants
- To liaise with Government, NGOs and International agencies on matters touching on ICJ Kenya’s mandate
- To act as Secretary to the Council and the Executive Committee
- To act as an official spokesperson and PR officer for the Organization (under the delegation of the Executive Director or direction from Council).
- To initiate, prepare and promote membership activities.
- To take overall responsibility for the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- To lead a team of professionals and support staff at the Secretariat.
- To ensure all legal obligations of ICJ Kenya are fulfilled.
- To work with the Programme Management Team in designing strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
- To represent the organization at human rights meetings and conferences where designated to do so.
- To maintain close and constructive relationships with regional partners to ensure smooth running of programmes.
- To edit donor reports and grant proposals to ensure consistency and adherence to donor guidelines.
- LLM or its equivalent from a reputable Institution.
- LL.B from a reputable Institution.
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Posses over 5 years experience working with non – governmental organisations
Candidates should be hard working, dynamic and self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and good writing skills.
Qualified candidates should send in their applications to be received not later than 31st May 2013, addressed to the
P.O. Box 59743-00200 Nairobi
or email firstname.lastname@example.org