Oxfam Learning and Development Regional HR Advisor Job in Kenya 2013
Regional HR Advisor – Learning and Development
Contract Type: Open ended
Level: C1 – National
Level: C1 – National
KES 330,000 – 446,002 per month. A competitive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate including pension and medical.
Are you excellent Human Resources professional with expert knowledge of Learning & Development in a Humanitarian and Development context?
Are you able to contribute strategically to the learning and development of our staff to bring change for impoverished and marginalised communities in the Horn, East and Central Africa? If so this job is for you!
- Oxfam is one of the world’s leading humanitarian agencies assisting people affected by poverty, natural disasters and conflict throughout the world.
- With over 5,000 staff and dedicated volunteers in more than 90 countries, Oxfam is able to achieve the greatest impact to alleviate poverty and suffering through combining emergency response work, long-term development programmes, and campaigning for lasting change.
- The Horn, East, and Central Africa (HECA) region is the largest region within Oxfam, covering ten countries including Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
- The Regional Centre is based in Nairobi and provides leadership and strategic support to the Oxfam country programmes.
- As a key member of the Regional HR team, you’ll provide specialist advice on HR and business process issues.
- You will provide both strategic, as well as day to day advice to the programme teams and managers, particularly around implementing Oxfam HR policies and procedures in order to ensure consistency and appropriate application within the region.
- Working with teams across the HECA region, you will ensure the high quality implementation of HR standards in line with organisational and regional service quality guidelines.
You will provide leadership and advice in the L&D area.
- In liaison with Country HR Managers within the region, you will ensure continued review and identification of Learning and Development needs.
- You will carry out assessment and review of impact of L&D activities on Oxfam’s individual, project and organisational goals.
- You will support humanitarian capacity building and management development projects.
- You will oversee implementation of performance management and review cycle; which will contribute to the overall programme quality within the organisational accountability frame.
- You are a Kenyan National, who has extensive HR experience leading in L&D, talent management, and coaching.
- Your ability to gather and analyse critical information for reporting and producing meaningful senior management information, will be crucial.
- Desirably, you have worked in the Horn, East and Central Africa region and you will certainly be sensitive to the complexities of working in a multicultural environment.
- Good networking/ customer service skill’s, are essential, as well as ability to create trusting relationships with others.
- We are looking for a professional, who will be committed to the beliefs and values of Oxfam – Delivery, Accountability, Realism, Truth and Honesty – and this will be reflected in your approach to working with our diverse teams of staff and managers.
If you think you can deliver in this role please read the full job description and submit your application and CV including a day time contact by applying online at http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do/about-us/working-at-oxfam Using INT 6224
A detailed job profile can also be accessed from the link above.
The closing date is 29th May 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Diversity The difference starts with you!