Hillcrest Schools Management Accountant Job in Kenya 2013
A Group of Schools with reputation of offering one of the best education in East Africa for children aged 18 months to 18 years, Hillcrest International Schools nurture each student’s growth and development in a dynamic learning environment.
As an established multi-cultural school, we are renowned for producing independent, creative and intelligent thinkers who pursue individual excellence.
Through providing every student with opportunity to explore and develop their individual talents, we enjoy the diverse successes of an eclectic student body.
An equal opportunity employer, Hillcrest seeks to fill a vacancy in the Finance department, from qualified and experienced person with demonstrated track record of positive performance.
Position reports to: Chief Accountant
The Management Accountant is responsible for the production of timely monthly management accounts enabling the company management team to make sound commercial decisions based on financial information.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to senior management
- Produce the budget and quarterly forecasts for approval by the Chief Accountant and the Finance Director
- Provide variances from budget, identify added – value reporting opportunities for trend analysis and commentary to assist forecasting and budgeting requirements
- Preparing and reviewing Income Statements and Statement of Financial Position
- Responsible for dealing with Treasury management and day to day cash management
- Assist with the audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements and corporation tax returns
- Maintaining records and reconciliation controls of approved budgets
- Preparing termly income and expenditure forecasts
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Chief Accountant or any other person designated in his absence
Requirements of the role:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Full professional accounting qualification (CPA-K)
- Proficient use of MS-Office suite
- Knowledge of Sage Pastel and PASS ERP will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years working experience in a busy organization. Preference will be given to those who have worked in an educational institution.
- High degree of maturity, integrity and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player with a flexible approach and willingness to learn
- Ability to operate independently with minimum supervision
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees be addressed to HR@hillcrest.ac.ke so as to reach us on or by 17th May 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
To learn more about us, visit our website: www.hillcrest.ac.ke