Faulu Kenya Business Development Manager Job career Kenya 2013
Faulu Kenya Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited is a dynamic Christian organization within the Micro-Finance sector.
Faulu was the first Micro Finance Institution in Kenya to be licensed by the Central Bank as a deposit taking institution.
In line with the growing business needs, the organization is seeking highly competent, focused and results oriented professionals to fill the following Vacancies in our Business Development Department.
Business Development Manager:
JOB REF: HR: 009/05/2013 (4 Vacancies)
The job holder will work closely with the Head of Business Development to drive sales, business growth and development in the assigned business sectors or portfolio of branches.
This is a senior sales position which directly supports branch managers and their sales teams to identify, develop and close sales opportunities and maximize revenue and profitability.
- Contribute to the development of the annual business plan of the department in line with the corporate strategy
- Generating income lines and achieve income and profitability targets through representing entire range of the company’s products and services assigned and /or targeted client segments
- Drive and maintain a high quality loan portfolio ,deposits and non-interest income
- Development and retention of a highly motivated and performing sales team
- In Liaison with the research and product development team , Initiate a review of the existing products and services or development of new products and services in line with customer needs & demands and corporate strategy
- Ensure successful roll outs / implementation of new products & services
- Drive assets and liabilities sales in the assigned portfolio through offering leadership and motivation to the branch managers and the sales team
- Closely work with other BDMs to identify, develop and maximize on business opportunities within the Group, Micro & SME and Consumer client segments
- Regularly Monitor and evaluate the implementation of strategic initiatives by branch managers and promptly address any gaps as appropriate
- Developing and implementing business intelligence tools and processes
- Provide superior level of customer relationship management with the objective of retaining and deepening relationships with the existing clients and developing relationships with new clients
- Ensure optimal utilization of the company’s resources including people, financial and technical resources within the assigned portfolio
- Offer targeted sales support to new branches and service outlets and ensure that they break even within the specified timelines
- Monitor and ensure 100% compliance to all the company policies, processes, procedures and other controls within the product /branches portfolio
- Promotion of Faulu’s brand visibility and image
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field (Master’s in Business Administration Desirable)
- At least 5 year relevant experience in managing sales within a banking /microfinance environment out of which 3 years should be in a managerial role (Credit management experience in Consumer , Micro & SME , Group Business Preferred)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent Sales / Marketing, Customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and People management skills
- Ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Ability to Perform under pressure
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible –ability to travel across the country frequently
Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the low income population are key requirements for all this position.
If you meet the specified criteria, send your application letter and updated CV (including 3 referees, one of whom must be a spiritual leader) to the undersigned through the e-mail address below (Cite Job Ref No: as Application & Email Subject)
Head of Human Resources
Faulu Kenya Limited
P.O Box 60240 – 00200
Faulu Kenya Limited
P.O Box 60240 – 00200
Applications to reach us on or before 17th May, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.