APHIAPLUS KAMILI jobs career in Meru, Kenya 2013
APHIAPLUS KAMILI is a five year (2011-2015) health service delivery project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented in Eastern and Central provinces of Kenya by a consortium of partners led by Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University.
The other partners are AMREF, CHAK, ICAP, KRC, Land O’ Lakes, LVCT, NOPE, and PATH.
The project contributes to the USAID strategic goal of ‘Sustained improvement of health and well-being for all Kenyans’ by increasing the use of quality health services, products and information and addressing social determinants of health to improve the well-being of marginalized, poor and underserved populations.
APHIAPLUS KAMILI is currently recruiting an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Officer with excellent technical skills who is a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and willing to work in a high pressure environment requiring multitasking abilities.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer (Meru)
Reporting to the MER Manager, the Officer will assist in routine data collection, MER capacity building and feedback to MOH, other line ministries and Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) on data quality, completeness and use, as well as coordinating Data Quality Audits (DQAs) among other MER duties.
- Assist APHIAPLUS KAMILI partners & MOH staff in collecting, storing and using data
- Coordinate data collection of APHIAPLUS KAMILI project activities to ensure it is complete and timely,
- Assist the MER manager to provide feedback to partners and MOH staff on project achievements and data quality
- Forward project data to the MER Manager and Data Manager
- Mentor the Local Implementing Partners (LIPs), Community Units and MOH staff on data capture, analysis and use
- Support LIPs and MOH in archiving M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis, files, reports and presentations for each major activity undertaken
- Facilitate On-The-Job M&E training for capacity development
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports
- Perform other programmatic, technical and administrative duties when assigned.
- A Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Health or a related field
- Two years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health related projects and/or HMIS work
- Experience working with MOH information systems and personnel is an added benefit
- Excellent analytical, oral and report- writing skills
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office and SPSS/STATA applications.
Interested applicants should send a CV and detailed cover letter to HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org not later than 24th May 2013.
Please indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer