MSF Switzerland Medical Team Leader Job in Dagahaley Refugee Camp, Kenya 2013
The selected candidate will be reporting technically to the Medical Coordinator and hierarchically to the Field Coordinator.
Location: 25% Nairobi and 75% in Dagahaley according to the needs.
Package: Attractive salary package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
Main Tasks include:
- Overview and coordination of all medical activities at field level including Primary Health Care, Outreach, Hospital and Emergency response.
- The MTL works in collaboration with the field team to ensure quality of all medical activities in accordance with the MSF protocols and MSF guidelines.
- The MTL is the medical representative in the field and assists the Field Co with stakeholder relations and attendance and/or communication at official medical meetings.
- He/she provides support and guidance to the Hospital Director, FMA and the Outreach Supervisor
- Preference to Recognized Medical Doctor. Paramedical diploma/degree considered only IF exceptionally strong in other requirements of MTL role.
- 2 years post graduate experience related to the diploma /degree (preferably pediatrics and maternity)
- Basic epidemiological background
- Previous experience as Field Coordinator or Medical Field Referent with INGO
- A minimum of 1 year experience with MSF preferably or with other INGO
- Health/project Management experience desirable,
- Registered and licensed to practise by the Kenya Medical and Dentists Board.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
- Due to the nature of the work, Kenyan nationals with ability to speak Somali will be highly advantaged.
The Medical Coordinator
MSF-Switzerland, Kenya Mission
P.O. Box 25091 – 00603
or Deliver the application to:
MSF Office – Dagahaley Refugee Camp