MSF Holland Transport and Warehouse Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Organization: MSF Holland – Nairobi Supply Centre
Position: Transport and Warehouse Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi
Purpose of the position
Processing of transport and warehouse related requests with minimal supervision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the NSC warehouse without compromising any quality and make sure the warehouse is in proper function with reception, packing, labeling, and dispatch area.
- Ensure that procedures are followed for loading and actively involved in loading and paperwork preparation.
- Ensure casuals are in line with their tasks.
- Ensure that all stocks are stored in an organized, safe and clean manner.
- Ensure that the mission receives a stock up-date every second week
- Daily Ready to Ship overview.
- Liaise with the Medical and Logistical Procurement Officers about the expected deliveries of medical and logistical goods from suppliers (on occasions from the missions) and plan the reception.
- In liaison with customs officer, receive international medical cargo; confirm correct number of packages and conditions of packages.
- Receive and supervise medical (in collaboration with Pharmacist) and logistical goods from suppliers, checking conformity of delivered goods against the delivery note.
- Check conformity of the delivered items with the purchase order ensuring that expiry dates, manufacturers other specifications and brand names are in accordance with the MSF-OCA standards (as determined by the regional pharmacist).
- Plan in conjunction with the Medical and Logistical Procurement Officers the daily prioritization of order checks.
- Report any quality and quantity or administrative anomalies to the Procurement Officer
- Enter reception and control information into the ‘ logistics’ database and dispatch relevant documents to the Medical and Logistical Procurement officer, and compile a reception file as per the standard procedures.
- Re-package goods where necessary and produce a packing list after the control.
- Supervise the labeling and quantities of the delivery orders
- Provide all documentation on order checks to the Medical and Logistical Procurement Officers for approval and release of the order
- Forward all relevant release documentation to the transport officer.
- Ensure non-standard shipments leaving the warehouse have the required documentation (waybill) such as items being borrowed or donated.
- Plan, initiate and ensure a complete physical stock count and report is done every three months of all materials in the warehouse.
- Responsible for recording all ‘outs’ in the TGD cold chain cargo and updating that record weekly
- Receive and process transport requests (quotations/confirmed) from the field giving timely feedback on the status of this request.
- Liaise with the procurement officers with regards transport requests; obtain information on cargo weights/volumes and any special transport considerations that need to be observed (e.g. cold chain/heat sensitive items).
- Enter transport requests into the ‘logistics’ system and prepare the freight manifests.
- Take overall responsibility of the loading and unloading of trucks in the NSC.
- For all shipments involving NSC ensure that all necessary paperwork is present and correct (e.g. freight manifest, packing list, donation/free gift certificate) and sent on a timely basis.
- For onwards transportation arranged by Somalia Office, organize transport and exportation to Nairobi airports (Wilson & JKIA) and to coordinate with the forwarding agents
- Follow the progress of transports up until the final destination is reached (excluding Somalia arranged Transport) and feedback to the field sites if there any delays that will affect the time of arrival of the transport.
- Receive, check and forward transport related invoices.
- Participate in the review/validation of transporters.
- To prepare monthly transport budget estimate for Finance.
- Ensure proper functioning of warehouse equipment/utilities reporting any problems to the Log/Admin.
- Instruct casual workers and maintain attendance records of casual workers as necessary.
- To be ready to work outside the normal working hours when the need necessitates it.
- Ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the main warehouse.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Acts as a receptionist at the Supply Centre and answers the phone
- Proven experience in warehouse and transport management, preferably within humanitarian organization.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Clear handwriting
- Knowledge of the MSF OCA supply management software LogistiX7 especially the transport module and cargo shipping option(s) (PA & FM).
- Able to work with and implement Standard Operating Procedures and organization specific standards.
- Able to actively and regularly inform and follow-up cargo status with clients.
- Well organized and able to prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Good command of English, swahili.
- Computer skills (MS Windows and MS Office & LogistiX7).
Please attach handwritten motivation letter, reference(s), salary expectations and cv
E-mail applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: May the 19th 2013
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.