Africa Educational Trust Programme Co-ordinator Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Post Title: Programme Co-ordinator
Direct Supervisor: Programme Director
Duty Station: Nairobi
Type of contract: Permanent
Closing Date: 12th May
The Africa Educational Trust is a successful charity that has been a key player in working to support education in Africa for more than 50 years.
Current programmes are in Somalia, South Sudan, Kenya and Uganda, focussing on innovative methods by which the excluded and marginalised can receive relevant quality education.
To work as part of the Nairobi/UK Programme Co-ordinator team to raise funds for education programmes through building relationships with regional donors, working with national staff on proposal development, writing high-quality funding applications, and managing and reporting on donor grants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To write successful project funding applications
- To manage key donor relationships and seek new funding sources
- To work with national staff teams on strong programme development prior to submission of applications
- To monitor funding pipe line for a specific AET country programme
- To manage grants ensuring donor compliance
- To monitor one AET theme and share learning e.g. peace building, inclusive education
Key skills, knowledge & experience
- Three years work in development sector in an African country
- Three years proven track record in successful programme fund raising
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation, and donor requirements
- Financial skills for project budgeting and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or field related to development
Application Procedure Send your application letter stating how you meet the above criteria, and CV with names of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and see AET website for fuller job profile.