GVEP International Human Resource Officer Job in Kenya 2013
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional to step up a Human Resource function at GVEP International and help improve systems, processes and procedures while helping harness and grow talent and skills in the organization.
- Staff development: Work with Senior management and, where necessary, external consultants to develop and implement the staff development plan on an on-going basis
- Training: Help carry out training needs analysis for staff and develop/implement training programmes based on their identified needs and on available opportunities
- Recruitment: Work with senior management to fill in vacancies as and when they arise. This includes developing or refining job descriptions, crafting job advertisements, getting jobs advertised, managing the interview process, communicating with candidates on the outcomes and induction of successful candidates;
- Contract management: Ensure that all staff have valid contracts at any one time and that their job descriptions are up to date and agreed with their managers. Further ensure that such contracts are compliant to the HR regulations of their respective countries
- Systems, processes and procedures: Help refine, document and implement GVEP procedures, including leave, discipline, training, induction, health, safety, risk management, recruitment, performance review, medical, retirement, procurement, expense claims and pension, among others. Ensure the operations manual is up to date with the latest procedures in place;
- Leave: Develop and manage the leave roster, ensuring that leave is taken in accordance with the rules and following the roster;
- Performance management: Work with managers to refine the performance review process. Ensure the reviews are performed in a timely manner as per the agreed timetable and that actions arising out of the reviews are implemented;
- Medical scheme: Work with finance and procurement to ensure the medical scheme is effective and cost efficient and that all staff and their dependants are catered for at all times as provided for in the regulations governing the scheme;
- Pension scheme: Work with finance to keep the scheme up to date and inform staff of any developments in the scheme
- Welfare: Participate in identifying and resolving matters related to staff welfare as they arise;
- Carry out other general or HR specific tasks that may arise in the in the organization as agreed from time to time with management;
- A good degree in a HR related discipline from a recognized university
- A good track record of managing human resources to create an effective organization for a minimum of three years
- A good appreciation of performance management, with a passion for developing people and engendering excellence
- A meticulous planner and organizer who is able to meet and enforce strict timetables and deadlines
- A team player and able to work on their own initiative.
- A good communicator with advanced oral and writing skills
- A can-do and collaborative mind-set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving environment.
- Some experience in East Africa in a business like environment is desirable
P O Box 6416, Nairobi,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.