CRS Farmer-to-Farmer Kenya Program Director Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Catholic Relief Services seeks a qualified candidate for the position Program Director, to provide overall direction and leadership to the proposed USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) East Africa Program.
This is an $8M USAID-funded 5 year program that will assist in agriculture development, commodity value chain competitiveness and firm upgrading by providing technical assistance to introduce new technologies and innovation and development of local capacity for more productive, profitable, sustainable and equitable agriculture systems.
The technical assistance will be provided by volunteers; US experts in agriculture, marketing, finance, value and supply chain development, quality assurance, quality control, trade, business plan development, etc.
The F2F program objectives and strategic framework are in line with USG assistance program (USG GHFSI (Feed the Future), USAID Agriculture Strategy (Linking farmers to markets), the US Farm Bill in addition to these initiatives and strategies the F2F program will be in concurrence with CIP and USAID country missions.
Position Title: Farmer-to-Farmer Kenya Program Director (Ref.2013/12)
Note: This position is not guaranteed, as it is dependent on a successful application to the donor.
The F2F Kenya Program Director, which is a key personnel position, reports to the Farmer to Farmer EAST Africa Project Director (based in Nairobi) and with a dotted line to the CRS/Kenya Head of Programs and is responsible for coordination of all F2F program activities within a country.
The Program Director will manage a small team of qualified local staff, with appropriate technical, managerial, and human relations skills.
S/he will empower and catalyze work of the F2F volunteers and will travel frequently to rural areas to meet with country hosts within the country.
The F2F program will focus on the following areas; Increase agriculture sector productivity and profitability; Improve conservation and sustainable use of environmental and natural resources; Expand agricultural sector access to financial services, and Strengthen agricultural sector institutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Identifying, designing, and implementing Country F2F Projects;
- Coordinating any flexible assignments;
- Identifying potential partners and hosts;
- Developing volunteer scopes of work;
- Facilitating volunteer assignments;
- Providing pre-assignment and post-assignment assistance to hosts;
- Offering pre assignment orientation and onboarding to US based volunteers
- Up-dating sector and sub-sector analyses;
- Ensuring sound systems for monitoring and assessing impact from program activities; and coordinating work with other stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities Requirement
- A Degree in agriculture (subsector) development, agri-business, value chain or services providers development; A Master’s degree desired
- At least eight years professional experience in assignments relevant to the Feed the Future priority crops, animals and animal products
- At least 5 years’ experience in partnership building and relationship management;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations;
- Self-motivator and starter and results driven team player;
- Proven ability to network, build relationships with public and private sector agriculture actors;
- Excellent written, oral communication in English and Kiswahili and computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs).
- A professional with high level of integrity and good stewardship of resources
- Ability to cultivate constructive relationships and promote learning.
Application letter combined with CV, (a maximum of 4 pages) indicating the reference number of position applied for and including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Tuesday May 14, 2013.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
Please indicate the Reference Number of the position you are applying for on the ‘email subject’ . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more information about Farmer to Farmer please visit: http://transition.usaid.gov/our_work/agriculture/farmer_to_farmer.htm