Swedish Cooperative Centre Regional Financial Controller (Eastern Africa) Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
The Swedish Cooperative Centre (SCC) is a development cooperation and a not for profit organisation with no party-political or religious affiliations.
Currently in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa, we work according to the principle of help to self-help, providing people with the tools they need to create a better life for themselves.
Focusing on rural development, housing and poverty reduction, we believe in the idea of working together to achieve common goals and as such, we channel our support through building the capacities of cooperative organisations, other democratic membership associations or informal groups to deliver their own mandates.
To support our work in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania, we are seeking a dynamic and results driven Regional Financial Controller.
Reporting the Regional Director, you will have overall responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring and further development of the systems for general and financial administration of the SCC Regional Office Eastern Africa.
You will also ensure that all recipients of SCC development funding are knowledgeable of and in compliance with our requirements, contribute to the professional management of SCC operations in the region and coordinate the finance team. Monitoring of our programmes and projects and participation in building the capacities of our partner organisations will also be core.
Visit http://www.utangranser.se/eng/ for a full job description.
- MBA in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration and/or Management and be a Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPAK, ACCA)
- 7 years relevant work experience in an INGO, 3 of which should have been at senior management level with overall responsibility for the finance function
- Demonstrable experience of financial management and control including planning, budgeting and budgetary control, internal control implementation and statutory and donor reporting
- Working knowledge and proficiency in computer accounting and office application packages; knowledge of iScala, Office Suite with advanced Excel will be advantages
- Proven facilitation skills to include experience in capacity building of partner organizations and managing change processes in the areas of governance and anti-corruption issues
- Demonstrable experience of leadership, including managing and supervision of staff
- Good organization, interpersonal and analytical skills as well as the ability to work in a team
How to apply:
Interested individuals should send their applications and all enquiries to the address below.
Your application should include a covering letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for this position, an up-to-date CV, current and expected remuneration package, and the names and addresses of three professional referees.
Your email and Skype address as well as daytime telephone number should also be included.
Closing date: Friday 17th May 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted