UNES Procurement Assistant Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
The person will directly support the procurement functions of the Bookstore unit.
- Responsible for the procurement of items for the UNES Bookstore
- Ensuring that the procurement is done in a timely manner while ensuring value for money is attained for the bookstore within the Public Procurement guidelines.
- Participating in the preparation and evaluation of quotations and proposals
- Preparing procurement plans for the UNES Bookstore
- Preparing monthly reports for submission to the Procurement Officer on purchases.
- Inventory and stock control for bookstore with proper set re-order levels
- Following up with suppliers on purchase of goods
- Ensuring quality control in consultation with user and technical departments.
- Preparation of and custodian of Purchase Orders.
- Carrying out market and price surveys.
- Giving feedback to both successful and unsuccessful bidders for items approved by the Procurement Committee.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Manager, Bookstore.
- At least a diploma in Purchasing and Supplies from a recognized institution preferably from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies.
- At least three years experience in a busy Bookshop.
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision
- Knowledge of Public procurement rules and Regulations
- Computer literate
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing programme, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (attached).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Ltd.
P. O. Box 68241 – 00200
City Square Nairobi
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted