Transport and Logistics Consultant Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Reporting To: Team Leader
Job Objective – Short Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit current logistics system.
- Achieve set sales target continuously.
- Design a tailor made management system for the logistics department.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Recommend and assist in the improvement of the fleet management technology in use.
- Analyze optimal use if tracks and calculate the downtime and advise accordingly
- Preparation of daily and weekly reports to the team leader on the progress of the project.
- Preparation of a hand over report upon exit.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly route plans and sales reports, and presenting them to the team leader.
- Ensure the system meets all government regulations standards affecting the company.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper Management, clients, and other departments
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Competent computer and database skill especially with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work and contribute in a team
- Very presentable, neat and organized.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Degree in Transport and Logistics/Supplies field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a manager in logistics of a transport company
- Experience in petroleum transport management will be an added advantage.
- their detailed CVs,
- indicating your availability and
- expected remuneration
Indicate “TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS CONSULTANT” on the subject line.
Deadline for application is 2nd May, 2013