World Vision Monitoring and Evaluation, Peace Building, Program Officer, HR Jobs in Kenya 2013
(To be based at the National Office)
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and in collaboration with ADP/IPA staff pilot the use of the Programme for Assessment of Services using Simple Systems (PASS). The PASS framework will involve engaging ADP and MOH teams to use District Health information system 2(DHIS2), Health unit capacity assessment (HUCA), lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS) and WV STEPWise to prioritize service gaps, plan improvement interventions and at the same time generate data that supports the evidence base of the interventions.
- To build capacity of ADP/ IPA and MoH staff to collect, analyze and interpret integrated health and nutrition information to inform decision making for programming initially in 2 pilot ADPs/ IPAs.
- Provide DME support to ensure measurement for targeted indicators are achieved at IPA/ADP and National levels
- Oversee development of templates/ software/system for PASS to integrate Sponsorship STEP data, DHIS, LQAS assessments and qualitative data collected from the health units
- Engagement and documentation; Undertake ongoing and consistent documentation of the PASS roll out and implementation at ADP level
- Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, or Health and Nutrition with strong statistical focus and strong M& E background.
- Strongly analytical skills, excellent data collection, management, analysis and interpretation skills
- Extensive experience conducting surveys using LQAS methodologies and able to use statistical software (Epi Info, ENA, SPSS, STATA)
- At least two years demonstrated experience in M&E, surveys, surveillance and other health and nutrition assessments
- Minimum of 3 years experience in child health and nutrition programming up to the national level
- Good understanding of World Vision M&E standards, International M&E and MoH standards and guidelines will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
(To be based at the National Office)
- To provide leadership in the implementation of the organization’s peacebuilding strategy and effectively coordinate to the peace-building and conflict sensitive programming and integration with development in WVK
- Technical support provided to project and programme staff on integration and implementation of peace-building and advocacy programmes.
- Participate in joint technical coordination meetings/ for a for review and planning for the L&R sector and the advocacy group in line with objective 5 in the NO strategy.
- Develop and periodically review Peace building Strategic guidance and ensure harmony with the National Office strategy and the Government of Kenya’s Peace Building and Conflict Management Policy;
- Provide support in ensuring quality (re)design for Peace Building projects, Annual Operation Plans (AOPs), proposals and concepts as per LEAP guidelines and other standards;
- Ensure Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation tools for all peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution efforts developed/adapted and their implementation
- Capacity Building on peace building and conflict issues by building the capacity of WV staff built in conflict sensitivity through training and coaching and maintaining a cadre of skilled DNH/ IPaCS practitioners who are able to integrate conflict sensitivity into WV programming;
- Networking and Engagement by making deliberate efforts to establish and maintain contacts with government line ministries and institutes, UN Agencies, NGOs and donors dealing with Peace building to identify areas of possible collaboration/ partnerships and resource acquisition.
- Resource Acquisition by Identifying and developing, where appropriate, new program ideas and share the information/ Data with Program Development and Grants A for development of concepts and proposals related to Peace Building
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a relevant field from a recognized University. An advanced degree is preferred;
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in designing, planning, implementing and reporting on Peace-Building related projects/programmes. 2 in peace building and 3 in general programming
- Excellent understanding of the dynamics of conflict resolution and human rights, and extensive knowledge of Kenya preferred;
- Extensive experience in models and methods of training, facilitation, capacity building and mediation including ADR (Alternative dispute resolution);
- Experience in Conflict sensitivity preferably using DNH framework including training and Practice
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and in writing.
- He /she must also have solid public relations skills and be a strong team player.
(To be based at Dadaab)
- The Livelihoods Officer will be responsible for the assessment, identification, design, implementation, monitoring and documentation of appropriate livelihood activities in Dadaab Refugee Camp targeting both the refugees as well as the host community.
- Ensure adherence to high quality program design and monitoring within the camp and the host community based on the assessment report;
- Conduct vocational skills opportunities survey/ mapping based on the assessment report;
- Facilitate the process of ensuring that trained beneficiaries are supported with the necessary tools and equipment to enable them utilize the skills that they have been trained on;
- Establish effective networks with stakeholders at the camp and within the targeted surrounding host community
- Build capacity and provide guidance to clients to undertake various business tasks which will be achieved by mentoring clients in business skills, advice, connections to local networks , resources, opportunities and more lucrative markets business skills
- Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Education, Business Management, Economics/Entrepreneurship, or closely related field of study. MBA degree would be an added advantage;
- Practical business knowledge with an emphasis in entrepreneurship and workforce development,
- Research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must demonstrate sound training expertise and skills in a cross-cultural and inter-religious settings
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Implement induction and leadership development including; Talent Management, Graduate Internship Program, staff induction and transitions.
- Implement Individual performance management by ensuring that there is ongoing training on coaching for performance, accountability to managers and analysis of performance appraisals)
- Establish metrics for assessment of World Vision Kenya in achieving a high performance culture through organization design and development.
- Implement Succession planning in line with organizational priorities and “critical positions”, Implement the strategy and design to ensuring succession planning in the case of staff transition
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of staff development initiatives
- Revise and maintain accuracy of all related talent and leadership development documentation.
- Maintains evaluation data, including documentation of lessons learned.
- Update monthly P&C reports and ensure they are timely and accurate
- Participate and be available for the quarterly meetings in the Integrated Programs and P & C fora.
- Build capacity at the sub branches in the area of expertise in support of decentralization of the P & C function.
- University degree preferably in Social Sciences with emphasis on Human Resources Management
- Five years relevant experience in Human Resources, two of which must be in Organizational Development
- Professional membership with a recognized Human Resource Professional Body
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Open minded, committed and transparent team player willing to give and receive constructive feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and Public Relations skills
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than May 6, 2013.
Must put Job title as the Subject.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse offenses.
World Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.