Lutheran World Federation Various Jobs vacancies in Kenya may 2013
Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya / Djibouti Programme is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position, to be based in Dadaab Refugee Camp.
1. Rehabilitation Officer
Rehabilitation Officer will report to the Community Services Officer.
He or She will be the technical person in charge of Community Based Rehabilitation Programme who will be responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluation of the programme in collaboration with Community Services Officer among others.
He will overally coordinate the functions of the rehabilitation center with the help of Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Postural Management & Mobility Aid Trainer and Social Workers
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a constant and efficient flow of communication.
- Ensuring adherence to LWF standards and values for access to quality rehabilitation services in the refugee camps of Dadaab and host community.
- Coordinating the overall quality of provision of rehabilitation services and ensuring an appropriate client management system effectively exists.
- Coordinating, supporting and monitoring the team of national and community staff to ensure coherency and smooth implementation of the different rehabilitation components.
- Supervising and empowering the team of national staff to develop appropriate tools and procedure to delivering quality rehabilitation services.
- Contributing towards the capitalization of experience, data collection and reporting
- Coordinating resource mobilization efforts at the station level
Professional Qualifications, experience & skills
- Bachelors degree in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy/ Orthopaedics Technology Masters degree in the same will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of clinical experience and experience in mentoring and leadership of a rehabilitation team
- Should possess the following attributes: Proactive , Creative, adaptability, persuasiveness, leadership, goal oriented, capacity to work under pressure and a team player
- Managerial, good written and oral communication, interpersonal, and decision making skill.
2. Postural Management and Mobility Aid Trainer
The Postural management and mobility Aid Trainer will report to the Rehabilitation Officer
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identification of clients at risk of postural distortion due to neurological or motor dysfunction through individualized assessment in the rehabilitation centre.
- Setting appropriate postural management and therapeutic interventions to improve on the posture of the client.
- Address both the positioning and seated mobility needs of individual with moderate to severe postural dysfunction.
- Maintaining joint range of motion and reduce the risk of developing orthopedic deformities by increasing the number of hours the client spends in symmetrical and therapeutic posture.
- Provision of orthotics and/or equipment to correct posture, mobility and train on the use of the equipment and orthotics.
- Offer advice and instruction on adaptive equipment, orthotics and educating client/family /caretakers on correct posture in order to increase participation in daily activities.
- Working in collaboration with other rehabilitation team members to improve the posture and mobility of the client.
- Offering training on postural management and mobility aid to mid-level therapists and Community Rehabilitation Workers.
Professional Qualifications, experience & skills
- Diploma in Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy or a disability oriented field
- Certificate or on job training and experience in postural management or on mobility aid will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two years practical experience in postural management
- Working experience in rehabilitation/inclusion of children with disabilities is an added-advantage
- Knowledge in compute packages
3. Special Needs Education Teacher
Duties and Responsibilities will include among others:
- Teaching children with special needs according to the curriculum to improve quality education.
- Responsible for implementing and evaluating curriculum in the least restrictive environment to SNE in primary schools.
- Train SNE children in co-curriculum activities.
- Capacity building of incentive SNE Teachers and regular class room teachers on specific needs of special needs children.
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment.
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class.
- Assess and prescribe the right equipment to SNE children and train them to use them.
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the curriculum structure.
- Working with the management & other stakeholders to ensure participation of SNE learners in all aspects of education.
- Guide and train parents of children with disability on basic conception for upbringing of their children.
- Together with the SNE Monitors conduct community mobilization and sensitization on significance of SNE.
- P1 Certificate from Kenya National Examination Council with a Diploma in SNE
- Registered by Teachers Service Commission
- Computer literacy & various short courses on SNE to keep abreast with new developments in the sector
- Competencies: Assessment teacher of children with special needs and teacher trainer
- Special preference to person with specialization in speech disorder or visual impairment (low vision and/or proficient in advanced braille)
- At least 4 years of progressive experience as SNE teacher
- Assessment teacher of children with special needs and teacher trainer
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Experience in inclusive education and safe learning environments initiatives
- Experienced in using learner centered model of teaching
Personal Attributes for all above positions
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners
- Strong administrative skills, Problem solving, conflict resolution skills & ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation by deadlines
- Able to work independently; self-motivated & Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
“LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.”
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 26th April, 2013:
C/o Office Administrator,
P.O. Box 40870, GPO-00100,
Or e-mail to: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details, visit our website: www.lwf-kenya.org