Wajir County Government Jobs various jobs career Wajir Kenya 2013
Wajir County Government
Office of The Governor
The office of the Governor, Wajir County wishes to recruit competent and qualified professionals to fill the following positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under article 176 (first schedule) and sections44, 46 & 57 of the County Government Act, no. 17/2012:
1. County Executive Committee Members (10 posts),
County Chief Officers (10 posts)
The following functional areas are essential:
- Finance & Economic Planning
- Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Water, Energy, Forestry, Environment & Natural Resources
- Public Health, Medical Services and Sanitation
- Education, Youth Affairs, Culture and Social Services
- Lands, Physical Planning & Housing
- Public Works, Roads & Transport
- County Public Service Management
- Trade, Industrialization, Cooperative Development Tourism & Wildlife
- Information, Communication & EGovernment
Requirements for County Executive Committee member, the candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be holder of at least first degree from a recognized University
- Have a minimum of five (5) years working experience in any of the above relevant functional areas
- Satisfies the requirement of chapter six of the constitution on Leadership and Integrity
- Not be a holder of any other state or public office
Requirements for County Chief Officer, the candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of a first degree from a recognized University
- Have a minimum of 10 years of Working experience in a relevant functional area
- Satisfies the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity
- Not a holder of any other state of public office
The Key responsibilities of County Chief Officers are but not limited to the following:
(i) Responsible to respective County Executive Committee member for administration of one of the functional areas/County Departments listed as above:
(ii) To advice respective County Executive Committee member and provide support needed for the day-to-day Management of the County Departments
(iii) As Accounting Officers of the County Departments will be required to manage a complex set of multiple accountabilities
Read more on duties for the jobs and expectations of the positions as outlined in the County Government Act, no. 17 of 2012.
NB: A masters Degree will be an added advantage for both positions.
2. County Public Service Board:
Chairperson (1 post),
Members (5 Posts) and
Secretary (1 post)
For appointment to these positions, the candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be in possession of a first degree from a recognized university
- For Chairperson and Vice Chairpersons not less than ten years working experience and for members not less than 5 years working experience
- Certify the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Should not be a public or a state officer
- Understands the diversity within the County
- Be visionary and a strategic thinker
- The Secretary must be a Certified Public Secretary of a good professional standing
NB: A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
3. County Secretary
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Secretary to the County Executive Committee
- Head of County Public Service
- Implement Policies passed by County Executive Committee
- Under take other functions as may be directed by the County Executive Committee
For appointment to County Secretary position, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a graduate with Masters Degree from a recognized University
- Have working experience of not less than ten (10) years
- Have track record in managing and implementing projects
- Satisfies six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity
- Have done Strategic Leadership Development Programme of not less than six weeks
How to apply:
Applicants applying for job should attach a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport and other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with applicants stating the position for which they are applying and addressed to:
The Interim County Secretary,
Manual applications should be delivered to office of The Interim County Secretary’s office located at former Wajir County Council.
Online applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications should reach The Interim County Secretary not later than 26th April 2013.
Wajir County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and the physically challenged persons to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.