Chuka University (www.chuka.ac.ke) job career Chuka Meru Kenya 2013
Chuka University became the ninth Public University in Kenya after it was granted a Charter by His Excellency Hon. Mwai Kibaki, the President and Commander in-Chief of the Defense Forces of the Republic of Kenya on 8th January, 2013.
- Be the Chief Executive of the University
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the University and represent the University nationally,regionally and internationally;
- Be the academic and administrative head of the University;
- Be responsible for the implementation of the Council’s decisions and resolutions;
- Have overall responsibility on the direction, organization and the administration of programmes of the University;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the academic and administrative policies the University in accordance with the university’s master plan and the strategic plan;
- Maintain efficiency and harmony of the University and ensure enforcement of the statutes and regulations;
- Provide innovative and creative leadership in the areas of academics, finance, planning and development; general administration; research and partnership.
- Play a key role in the facilitation and maintenance of linkages with government/regulatory agencies and other local/international institutions of higher learning.
- Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the University’s objectives.
- Be a holder of an earned Ph.D. from a university recognised in Kenya;
- Be a full professor in a University recognised in Kenya and in a field of study covered in the programmes of study within the university;
- Have at least ten (10) years of academic and research experience at a senior level and possess demonstrable leadership skills in an academic and or research institution;
- Should have served substantively with demonstrable results at least in the position of a Principal of a Constituent University College or as a Deputy Vice Chancellor of a University for three (3) Years, or in any other similar institution at comparable levels;
- Should have published in internationally recognized peer reviewed Journals in the areas of specialization;
- Have sound understanding of government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning, and Vision 2030, human resource management, procurement and asset disposal legal requirements;
- Have excellent understanding of the current trends in University education and training globally, andhave broad awareness of the factors and conditions shaping the development of University education in Kenya;
- Be a leader with potential to plan, develop and implement academic programmes and develop strategic institutional linkages;
- Must demonstrate effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills, as well as strategic,logical, sound decision making ability;
- Have demonstrable experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization in the development of the University;
- Be of the highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability, professionalism, teamwork and goodstewardship and comply with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service guidelines.
- The appointments will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable for a further five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance.
P.O Box 109-60400