CIC Accountant Job career in Kenya 2013
Purpose of the Job
To provide professional financial and accounting services in accordance to international accounting standards and work guidelines for CIC Insurance Group.
- To capture transactions and update the general ledgers
- Prepare audit schedules and reports
- Respond to customers queries
- Compute and update reserves
- Monitor and follow up receivables
- Document manual accounting process for automation
- Prepare and lodge statutory schedules and returns
- Ensure that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transactions.
- Ensure processing of tax schedules and timely submission of associated returns.
- Coordinate the audit process, attend to audit queries and implement audit recommendations.
- Monitor Company’s inflows and outflows, liaising with banks, cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Authorise payments.
- Ensure prompt preparation and review of bank reconciliations.
- Monitor and review existing financial controls
- Safe Custody of Company assets.
- First Degree; BCOM (Accounting or Finance option), BA Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
- CPA (K) OR ACCA or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience, at a busy accounting function in finance sector but preferably in the insurance industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate – MS Office, experience with computerised accounting applications preferably Turnquest and AIMS.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Conversant with issues related to the insurance industry, (Income tax and Insurance Acts.)
- Conversant with IFRS, accounting, taxation and commercial laws.
- Attention to detail.
For example: Ref : Application for Accountant Position to:
The Group Human Resources Manager
CIC Insurance Group Ltd
Strictly through Email to: email@example.com
The application should reach us by close of business on 26th April 2013.