Assistant Manager Lifting Services and Crane Operator Jobs in Kenya April 2013
Assistant Manager Lifting Services
Manage day-to-day operations in a fast paced changing environment, as well as providing lifting solutions services to customers and developing logistics solutions.
Plans and schedules appropriate service lines, maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of delivery.
Ensures compliance with all government regulations
Essential Job Functions
- Implement process improvement methodologies to streamline and create operational efficiencies in Lifting Services.
- Develop and manage activities related to trucking compliance in support of business development activities.
- Identify logistics issues and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on pricing established with the clients while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Works closely with customers to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/ issues and implements performance processes to enhance future service delivery.
- Ensures any company policy, systems, and industry related training is delivered to all direct reports as needed.
- Responsible for resolving internal and external client customer service issues in a cost effective and expeditious manner.
- Works closely with client’s representatives to ensure service satisfaction.
- Analyzes service failures/issues and implements performance improvement processes to enhance future service delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable skills in coaching, motivating , team building and training
- Strong skills in financial analysis and a good understanding of how the parts of the company impact financial performance
- Financial responsibility for expense and budgeting
- Management experience in a dynamic growth environment
- The ability to handle multi-tasking and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good management ability to assign responsibilities , allocate resources and direct corrective action to attain favorable business impact
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on Operations/Finance
- 5 or more years of logistics management experience
- 3 years of industry experience preferred.
- Worked with 25 tonne cranes going upwards for more than 3 years
- Driven heavy commercial vehicles for 3 years or more
- Loading and offloading heavy sensitive cargo,
- Certificate of good conduct
- Operators licence from ministry of labour
- Good command of English and Kiswahili language
- Valid driving licence with a crane operator stamp
- Hard working, honest with ability to work and deliver under pressure and independently.
- Self motivated individual.
- Reference from previous employers
- Have basic mechanical knowledge of crane maintenance.
- Possess good oral and written communication skill.
- Be familiar with legislative and statutory requirements in Kenya with regards to mobile cranes, lifting, working at heights, etc.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 15th April indicating the position applied on the subject line.