UNEP Programme Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
- Independently provide full range of programme/project management and implementation assistance at all phases of the programme/project cycle for the ACP MEAs programme/project initiatives, seeking guidance only in exceptional circumstances.
- Researches, compiles, analyses, summarize and presents basic information/data on wide range of programmes/projects and related topics, highlighting noteworthy issues/trends for consideration by appropriate parties.
- Reviews, appraises and revises as necessary all submissions for substantive programmes/projects ensuring compliance with guidelines and programme/project objectives, identifies problems/issues, seeks clarification from departments, assess replies and prepares a summary for the Programme Manager with suggestions for further action.
- Supports the Programme Officer in Charge of the Project in the establishment of proper monitoring systems to meet reporting schedules.
- Prepares newsletters on programme/project related activities, drafts inputs for a wide range of documents/reports, briefings/debriefings, correspondence etc.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of implementation activities and participates in programme/project evaluation, monitor implementation at all stages to ensure work is proceeding according to established plans. Provides secretariat services to committees, ad hoc task forces etc drafts and circulates agenda notes to members/participants, assembles background documentation, drafts minutes of the meeting, monitors follow-up actions etc.
- Establishes internal databases, sets up files, stores and manages data and information relevant to the scope of programme/project activities.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Education: Completion of secondary school is required. Supplementary training relating to business administration, finance, accounting and project management is an asset.
Experience: Ten years of progressively responsible experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation or related areas.
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, a competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. See UN website: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowance/index.html
Preference will be given to equally qualified women candidates.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. This is a temporary vacancy. Appointment against this post is for a limited duration and does not carry any expectancy, legal or otherwise for renewal.
All applications to be sent to the following address on or before the deadline of 04/04/2013. Applicants should send a completed United Nations P.11 or Galaxy Personal History Form together with a covering letter of one to two pages summarizing how they meet the requirements of the job to:
UN staff members must submit scanned copies of their two latest Performance Appraisal System (PAS) reports at the time of application to the email address above.
Please Quote Vacancy Announcement No.: GS-13-09
UNEP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee please contact: email@example.com.