ICAP of Columbia University ICT Manager Job career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and the Ministry of Medical Services to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at provincial and district health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Information and Communication Technology Manager
Location: Nairobi, with frequent travel to other Counties
The ICT Manager will report to the Finance and Administration Director and be a part of the IT Team coordinating all activities related to the following: System Administration, Network management and other IT Services, Hardware maintenance, Electronic equipments and facilities, ERP Management.
- To maintain the LAN and systems in “state of the art” condition
- To monitor the state of the network and general network throughput
- To take care of installation of ERP modules and provide access to the different users in different modules
- To take ownership and responsibility of all technical, planning, operational and security issues concerning the LAN and systems
- Maintenance of servers, workstations, network cabling and network hardware
- To use light programming skills (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks).
- To assess the quality and reliability of existing hardware, software, operating systems and network components that comprise the LAN, and make recommendations for upgrade or replacement where necessary on routine basis
- To conduct and verify the validity of daily backups of the server.
- To ensure that the electronic mail capabilities of the server are operational at peak performance at all times
- To solve technical problems through trouble shooting.(Repairs and Maintenance)
- BSc/BA and 5- 7 years related work experience;
- MCSE and CCNA preferred
- Knowledge and experience of Windows administration, Active Directory, Network Services – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Satellite (VSAT), Domain Name System (DNS) etc Updates Services, DTU (lease lines).
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 100 users is highly desirable.
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th April 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.