Century Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited (“Century”) Job vacancies in Kenya 2013
Introduction: Century Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited (“Century”) is a licensed deposit taking microfinance institution that specializes in provision of financial services to Micro, Small and Medium Businesses sector at large but specifically targeting to serve the agricultural sector that is largely under served by financial institutions.
- Take lead in developing agribusiness strategy, planning, implementing and overseeing agribusiness product innovation.
- Developing and overseeing implementation of customer awareness strategy and marketing collaterals, and agribusiness advertising themes to promote Century DTM products.
- Liaison with agribusiness stakeholders and partners –private companies’, processors, NGOs, government ministries and participation in farmers’ events and field schools and keep track of competitor products.
- Supervise the marketing officers in executing business development strategies geared towards business acquisition and deposit mobilization.
- Coordinate participation at Agricultural shows, exhibitions, and other forums where there is demonstrable public relations and business to be gained by Century DTM.
- Lobbying for credit guarantee schemes, funds or lines of credit to facilitate affordable accessibility to agribusiness lending
- A degree in Agriculture, Commerce, Finance, Marketing, Social Sciences or experience in Agribusiness Financing. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 4-8 years work experience in agribusiness development, financing or practical experience in working with farmers/ groups or awareness programs and providing financial advisory.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, general computer literacy and familiarity with basic accounting principles and bank software systems.
- Good understanding and experience in agribusiness marketing, research and product development,various agricultural value chains, stakeholder net-works and opportunities.
- Experience or exposure working with agricultural, or other livelihood improvement programs
- Experience with piloting or developing agribusiness, and general small/micro enterprise product and financial service packages
- Experience in marketing financial products and services
- Good interpersonal written and verbal communication skills with ability to work for long hours with frequent travel and minimal supervision
- Ability to creatively innovate new products to address the needs of the customers
- Ability to represent Century DTM at stakeholder forums, make presentations to management, prospective partners and clients, as well as to the Century DTM Board of Directors.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and provide mentor-ship to a large support team