Carbonated Soft Drink Sales Manager Urgently Required in South Sudan (USD 4K – 6K) April 2013
As part of the above stated objective they are looking to build a strong team to help take the company to the next level of growth and performance – key to which will be an effective World-class sales force. Seeking a seasoned Sales Manager to lead the sales effort.
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy across all product categories
- Work with the General Manager and the Executive Committee in establishing and recommending realistic sales goals for the company
- Build-out and manage the direct distribution and wholesale operations across allocation ls nationwide
- Identify, select and manage sub-agents in small cities and towns
- Design and develop effective operating performance reporting, analysis and data mining and planning tools
- Establish and manage effective performance management programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience with blue-chip CSD or FMCG Company in a similar role
- Worked in underdeveloped or developing markets
- Experience in managing teams spread across geographies
- University degree in any discipline
- Good written and spoken English; basic spoken Arabic is a strong plus
- Excellent computer literacy: Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
South Sudan is one of the least developed countries in the world and is a typical post-conflict economy: very basic infrastructure, poor systems of governance and very little by way of the comforts of the 21st Century. While this presents vast economic opportunities, it will require special people who can navigate the tough environment and its challenges.
As such, the ideal candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- High energy with strong sense of adventure, purpose and perseverance
- Comfortable working in a cross-cultural setting
- Takes pride in delivering high quality output
- Creative problem-solver
- Ability to work in a small team
- Outgoing and able to build strong relationships among all stakeholders
The position is a direct report into the General Manager and will be a member of the company’s Executive Committee.
We offer competitive pay (commensurate with experience and performance), an opportunity to learn and grow all the way to becoming the Managing Director of the company as well as the challenge of building a world-class company in a brand new country.
Benefits include a company car, health insurance coverage, housing allowance and return tickets to home country twice a year.
Our Company Background
We are a South Sudan based company that focuses on importing & distributing of premium packed foodstuff. Our base of operations is in the capital city of Juba with a satellite office in Dubai, UAE.
Our company supplies packaged food products to wholesalers, retailers and supermarkets in the capital Juba to a network of over 1,000 regular customers. We will build our own professional warehouse (~ 1,200 m2) and deploy a fleet of trucks for direct delivery to our customers. By the end of Q2 2013, we plan to expand out of the capital to 3 other major towns and population centers across the country. By the end of 2013 we plan to launch our own brand of products and to kick-start local manufacturing of certain product categories.
We source our products directly from manufacturers in Egypt, India, Oman, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and the Netherlands. We are exclusive suppliers for almost all the brands we carry.
The focus is currently on fast moving packaged non-fresh foods. The key products we deal in are: carbonated soft drinks, biscuits, juices, UHT milk, instant milk powder and infant formula. These are high consumption items in our market and are considered (non commodity) staples in the local diet. We plan to expand further into carbonated soft drinks and will drive this to be our biggest category and eventually become one of the largest Importers and distributors in that category.
South Sudan Background
South Sudan is a newly independent nation that seceded from Sudan in July 2011. The country is one of the least developed areas of the world with an abundance of natural resources (oil, gold, agricultural land, minerals, etc.) and is currently at the start of an economic boom – infrastructure build-out; oil revenues etc.
Package; between USD 4000 – USD 6000, we are calling on candidates that have earned or are earning more than USD 3000. Anything below that kindly DO NOT apply.
We will also need your Certificate of good conduct and an arrangement to have a one to one with your referees for all the qualified candidates.
All the best
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 8th of April 2013