Brand Manager East Africa – Food Drinks & Biscuits Job in Nairobi Kenya April 2013
Position Title: Brand Manager East Africa – Food Drinks & Biscuits
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Line Manager: Head of Commercial
The company is a dynamic, diverse and growing FMCG business.
- Responsible for elements of consumer marketing and brand administration, including consumer research and analysis, market analysis, brand strategy, product development, pricing, advertising, packaging development, consumer and trade promotions, financial analysis and budget management;
- Participate and manage marketing and customer driven programmes from inception to close out, including annual planning, customer presentations, overall Shopper Marketing Insights and category guidance.
- Responsible for implementing brand strategy within the wider East Africa Region in close collaboration with country manager and key distributors in the region.
- Manage customers and representatives ensuring that they are meeting deliverables aligned to company targets and effectively delivering on all Marketing responsibilities
- Identify and analyse product performance information, anticipate problems and develop strategies and contingency plans to ensure portfolio success;
- Develop and maintain monthly update reports on sales, marketing budgets, profitability and provide detailed input to be used by senior management for strategic planning.
- As an individual contributor know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the ideal candidate will have:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Commerce;
- At least 4 years brand management experience in FMCG
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with, and influencing all levels within the organization;
- A team player who can interact freely without inhibition with all customers, internal and external;
- Exemplary leadership skills, be forward-thinking, aggressive, assertive and adaptable in the pursuit of brand/company objectives; and
- Solid analytical, problem solving and business commercial skills.
- In addition to this, the candidate should display influential, accountable and adaptable behaviour and have high drive.
- Regional experience is a big plus
The incumbent will liaise with key members of various business units:
- All departments
- External customers
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out the role accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the company
- Work together with all your peers and customers. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on their input.
- Exemplify the company’s Higher Purpose & Values in practice – this will be a key part of your annual development cycle.
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received by 28th March 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.
Candidates earning more than 200,000/= need not apply