USAID TIS Program Field Coordination Intern Job in Kenya 2013
Do you want to make a difference?
If you would you like to join a dynamic team working on stabilization initiatives for Somalia, please read on!
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking an effective and highly motivated Intern.
As our Field Coordination intern you will be part of the Field Coordination department and work closely with team.
The intern will be based at the TIS DAI support office in Nairobi.
Qualifications and skills sought:
- Student pursing first degree in social science or equivalent.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- 2 – 3 months relevant experience preferably with International NGO is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook express, MS Office, emails).
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and self-manage
- Ability to work with multi-ethnic team in a culturally appropriate manner
- Must have a good command of English in both oral and writing skills. Somali speaking is an asset.
- Be able to interact with partners and peers
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with teams based in Nairobi and field sites.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
Please send 1) a CV and 2) three professional references to TIS@dai.com.
Closing date: Friday March 29, 2013.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.