Safaricom Limited Principal Operations Support Engineer – Operations Support Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Ref: TECHNOLOGY_POSE_MAR _2013
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Passive maintenance contract set up and management of ongoing new BTS Managed Service contracts relevant to regional operations;
- Formulation and management of the contract governance framework;
- Formulation of KPI and SLA deliverables to be measured and penalty situations for non-adherence including regular reviews of their effectiveness;
- Continuously monitor the performance of all Managed Service providers against the KPIs and SLA for preventative as well as corrective maintenance activities;
- Continuously formulate and agree with service providers, ways of improving performance;
- Carry out regular Quality Assurance and Performance Audits of all Managed Service Partners (MSP) in all Regions;
- Carryout regular formulation of best practice guidelines on preventive maintenance for outsourced activities within the regional operations department;
- Coordinate quarterly and annual contract performance evaluations including formulation and regular reviews of the performance evaluation criteria;
- Carry out weekly analysis and reporting of contractor performance against set KPIs and SLAs (Network Unavailability Ratio (NUR), Network Availability etc.;
- Drive compliance to Health& Safety Compliance requirements amongst the Managed Service Partners.
- Establish and maintain a catalogue of all current passive maintenance contracts;
- Initiate renewals or purchase justifications for contracts due for termination;
- Submit monthly Managed Service cost figures to Budget Team and discuss and agree for posting in financial books;
- Prepare yearly forecast NOPEX figures for outsourced service as may be required by Budget Team;
- Drive attainment of efficiencies through automation of processes/activities/reports.
- Degree in electrical and electronics engineering or telecoms engineering or mechanical engineering;
- 8 years working experience in a technical role in operations and maintenance of which 3 should be in a managed services environment within a mobile telecommunications operator
- Good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition