Octopus ICT Solutions eLearning Instructional Designer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Octopus ICT Solutions Ltd (OIS) is an Information Communication Technology (ICT) company founded over six years ago. It is duly registered as a limited liability company in Kenya and licensed by the Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK) as an Applications Services Provider (ASP) mandated to provide Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions to corporate, residential and individual consumers.
OIS seeks energetic, creative individuals with an interest in e-learning and instructional design to support the e-Learning department.
Type of Employment: Full time
- Bachelor’s degree Education, Instructional Design, Communications, IT or related field. A solid understanding of Web technologies is preferred.
- Have good knowledge of Instructional Design and Story boarding. This includes ability to:
- Research, analyze, design, develop and customize instructional materials.
- Work with different types of input material to create instructional content.
- Apply various Instructional strategies, models and theories to content.
- Use templates in developing instructional materials.
- Have knowledge of industry standards, such as AICC, SCORM.
- Multi-faceted production experience in a distance education, or training environment, including experience in designing and developing courses using HTML, Flash, Articulate and Adobe eLearning Suite.
- Familiarity with multiple Learning Management Systems (LMS), particularly Moodle & eFront.
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts and adult learners to develop content.
- Be able to work with Account Managers and/or Marketing team to analyze project requirement with the clients and suggest solutions.
- Be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrate effective spoken and written English and excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Provide instructional design feedback on online modules which are being developed by vendors or volunteers in order to create compelling online learning experiences (this entails using adult learning techniques).
- Monitor courses currently available through OIS’s online platform to collect feedback and refine material and approaches if necessary.
For consideration, please forward a detailed CV and cover letter with the words “eLearning Instructional Designer” on the email subject line firstname.lastname@example.org.