Jahwar Amber Fund Receptionist Jobs career in Kenya 2013
The Jahwar Amber Fund is part of the Unitarian movement that has developed worldwide as a response to the traditional politics of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism. Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice.
We are a green think tank, a local policy network, and are active in ecology, spiritual democracy and human rights in East Africa with 3 offices across Kenya. Our Regional Office for Rift Valley and Western Kenya is based in Isinya, District of Kajiado County since 2012.
Jahwar Amber Fund Inc. has 501(c) 3 tax-exempt status in Canada and is registered as a community based organization (CBO) in Kenya. The Canada office helps with fundraising.
Summary of Organization
Jahwar Amber Fund (JAF) seeks to make religious freedom a social norm. Too often, consciousness is seen as a barrier of division. JAF believes pluralism can be a bridge of cooperation, strengthening our civil society and promoting the common good. Just as civil rights leaders and environmentalists built transformative movements in the 20th century, JAF believes that Unitarian Universalist leaders will build the movement for pluralist cooperation in the 21st century. Since 2009, JAF has worked in Africa and with over 20 college and university campuses, training hundreds in the principles of secular leadership, and reaching millions through the media. We have worked with partners including the Secular Students Alliance, IHEU, Skepchics, the White House, Center for Inquiry and the Office of Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan.
Summary of Program
To support the ambitious programmatic objectives of the organization’s strategic plan, JAF’s Programs Department strives to build and maintain best-in-class systems and controls that allow the organization to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. The Programs Team manages five “mission support” functions: Strategic Planning, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Administration.
Receptionist that will be in charge of overseeing and maintaining JAF’s Administrative function as well as portions of the Human Resources and Financial functions.
- Act as the initial contact of callers and visitors to JAF’s offices. Greet visitors by personifying JAF’s energetic, friendly-spirited brand image.
- Answer and route all external communications including phones, mail, packages and information-request emails.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of JAF’s office environment by ordering office & cleaning supplies and liaising with the building’s janitorial staff. Keep supplies for the kitchen, office and cleaning at optimal levels.
- Support JAF’s Accounting Manager with the organization’s financial systems including bill payment, income received log, and collection of credit card purchases.
- Support JAF’s HR manager in HR systems including maintaining the organization of JAF’s personnel files, interfacing with benefits providers and maintaining paid time off records.
- Book domestic and international travel for JAF Vice Presidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: Reports to the Director of Programs
- Strong commitment to JAF’s mission (making pluralist cooperation a social norm)
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- A focus and mentality of proactive customer service
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Strict attention to detail
- Prompt and orderly organization skills
- Excellence in writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects concurrently
- Capable working in both team and individual settings
- Collaborative and flexible in problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
How to Apply
Deadline: May 05, 2013