RCTP SEARCH Coordinator Data Jobs career in Suba Kenya 2013
RCTP is seeking a motivated individual to fill the following vacancy for Sustainable East African Research on Community Health (SEARCH).
Job Title: SEARCH Coordinator Data
Duty Station: Suba with frequent travel to Rongo
- Minimum of Diploma in social sciences, Public Health, Statistics or related field from a recognized university (Degree is preferred)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position for Diploma holders and at least 1 year experience for Degree holders.
- Professional training in M&E required
- Must be computer literate. Strong knowledge of Excel and basic statistics is required; demonstrated skill in statistical analysis, SPSS, MS Access and other databases formats strongly desired.
- Able to monitor, gather and evaluate information of broad scope and complexity
- Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment with extensive travel to rural sites in southern Nyanza Province
- Strong English writing skills required
- Preferred: Experience with supervising research (public health or clinical studies)
- Routine and timely data entry of monthly reports from sites into various databases
- Carry out Routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) at select sites each month
- Train and mentor sites on Ministry of Health registers, Blue Card completion and other MOH tools
- Train and mentor sites on the MOH731 reporting tool
- Train and mentor staff on Census, Community Health Campaign (CHC), and Tracking data collection materials.
- Work with staff at study health facilities and community-based data collectors to improve their data accuracy
- Mentor staff on how to track and post their own performance based on their monthly reports
- Collaborate with District Health Records and Information Officer (DHRIO) on site and district report development and presentations
- Attend and participate in the quarterly systems meetings.
- Prepare data for the assistant coordinators’ meeting.
- Carry out program evaluations as needed
- Prepare, write and submit monthly reports to the SEARCH Study Coordinator and Program M&E/Data Manager
- Conduct other duties as specified by the investigators or SEARCH Study Coordinator.
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary and date available to start work on the project
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably from previous employers
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 614, Code 40100