ICMA Finance Director, Economic Developer and Communication Manager Jobs in Kenya 2013
ICMA develops and advances professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide.
We are seeking senior-level candidates with a demonstrated success working in one or more of the following areas:
- Establishing/strengthening systems and processes for open and transparent financial public management between national and sub-national governments;
- Engaging civil society organizations with sub-national governance to increase public participation in government accountability and sustainable service delivery;
- Building the capacity of associations to provide demand-driven, sustainable member services;
- Designing and conducting leadership and ethics training for sub-national officials.
- Advanced degree in public policy, public administration, financial management, or relevant field;
- Understanding of the historical context for, and working knowledge of, the devolution issues, challenges, and developments in Kenya;
- 5+ years of experience in an international development setting;
- Demonstrated capability to build capacity through a donor-funded program related to local governance, decentralization, and civil society; and
- Ability to establish strong relationships with a diverse range of organizations, beneficiaries and other stakeholders from the national and sub-national governments, NGOs, and private sector;
- Demonstrated leadership, management and team-building abilities and effective interpersonal and communication skills, strategic planning and analytical skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required..
please email cover letter and resume by April 10 highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com with Kenya Decentralization as the subject line. All resumes should be limited to four (4) pages or less.
No telephone calls please. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.