Finance & Administration Support Manager Jobs career in Mombasa, Kenya 2013
Finance & Administration Support Manager
Pathfinder International (PI) is an international non-profit organization that is dedicated to supporting high-quality comprehensive reproductive health services in Kenya.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented and hardworking individual for the position of Finance and Administration (F&A) Support Manager based in Mombasa.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the F&A Support Manager will ensure that finance, general services (includes procurement, assets management, and logistics), IT, HR and grants management functions at PI Coast Regional office operate efficiently.
S/he will work in conjunction with the Director F&A in all areas of financial accounting, financial and grants management and monitoring including special projects essential to the finance and administration function.
S/he will provide substantive assistance, advice and support to the Director F&A, Deputy Program Director, implementing partners and sub grantees on financial and general management procedures and practices, budgeting, reporting, process re-engineering, organization structure and financial implications to proposed activities.
S/he will take the lead in preparation of donor budgets, sub-agreement budgets, contracts and financial reports in line with project and donor rules and regulations. S/he will be responsible for budget monitoring, cash forecasting, financial direction, oversee compliance and monitoring of all financial transactions in APHIA Plus Coast.
S/he will recommend appropriate systems of internal controls and accounting procedures and financial reports.
S/he will; ensure timely and accurate reports, review pre-award assessments and audit reports of partners and sub-grantees and take appropriate action, institute and ensure financial management capacity building to staff, partners and sub grantees, review partner and sub-grantee final reports before submission to HQ and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
The supervisory responsibilities of the position include performance management.
- Minimum CPA (K) and a Master degree in Business Administration from a recognized university.
- At least five years relevant work experience in a large and busy international NGO.
- Experience with U. S. government contracts and good working knowledge of US federal/ USAID rules and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills particularly with advanced hands- on experience on different types of spread sheets and various automated accounting systems, preferably Serenics Software.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Able to solve complex problems, make firm /sound decisions and clear recommendations to supervisors.
- Ability to organize own time and team, manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter detailing current and expected salary, names and contacts of three referees preferably supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 5th April 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
Pathfinder International is an equal opportunity employer