Omega Foundation Senior M&E Officer Jobs career in Kisumu Kenya 2013
- Develop and oversee the use of monitoring systems to track and report on program/project activities and results.
- Develop/enhance/manage information system to capture, transmit, store, retrieve, manipulate, and display information with accompanying Standard Operation Procedures.
- Advice, guide and train staff and volunteers on planning, monitoring and evaluation and designing of indicators for monitoring.
- Responsible for identifying or developing instruments to measure program/project implementation and outcomes.
- Assist Program staff in developing systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to staff and volunteers; and Omega Foundation and affiliates on monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys, studies, external assessments, evaluations, data collection, and quality control exercises for various initiatives.
- Disseminate findings of surveys, studies, assessments and evaluations and follow-up implementation of recommendations made.
- Build capacity of staff and affiliates/sub-grantees to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis, proposal writing and report writing.
- Monitoring the program implementation through regular contact and field visits.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and mechanisms for program improvement based on monitoring and evaluation findings in collaboration with program staff.
- Coordinate data collection, processing and storage for effective information management.
- Provide resources, necessary support, and information for program inputs and outputs.
- Synthesize lessons and experiences for continuous improvement of program approaches and methodologies within Omega Foundation and affiliates, and for sharing both within the organization and externally.
- Support programs to undertake research on policy matters, build case studies, and assist conduct operations research to inform Omega Foundation’s advocacy agenda.
- Organize and coordinate dissemination of research findings, lessons learnt, and best practices to partners, affiliates and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, case studies, best practice and lessons learned for internal and external sharing.
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the timely and accurate acquisition and aggregation of information in programs.
- Assist in compilation of quarterly, annual and ad-hoc program reports.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or any related fields.
- Post-graduate qualification in Statistics, MIS IT, or Development related subjects will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build trust among partners and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong information technology skills.
- At least five (5) years in a similar position.
- Applicants MUST quote current and expected salary.
- One year contract – renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Human Resources Officer,
P.O. Box 3246-40100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.