Omega Foundation Health Coordinator Jobs career in Kisumu Kenya 2013
Main Purpose and Scope
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance, training and tools to RH related staff at facility level and field sites.
- Ensure documentation of best practices, innovation and experience and dissemination, knowledge, and use by Omega Foundation and partners
- Work closely with M&E to aggregate data, analyze data and present in user-friendly format for distribution to PPFA and MoH
- To assess the training needs of SRH staff and develop a training programme to meet these needs
- Ensure the establishment and strengthening or RH monitoring activities and train health staff
- Work closely with the Head of Programs in developing implementation activities for supervised programs/projects.
- Spearhead advocacy for improved access to health services and increased water and sanitation facilities in the target communities.
- Manage preventive and curative health services, and support referral in the target communities.
- Facilitate awareness creation and promotion of reproductive health services in the target communities.
- Support maternal and child health services (immunization, nutrition, etc.) in the target communities.
- Facilitate HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support activities in the target communities.
- Establish awareness creation programs to promote hygiene in the target communities.
- Facilitate establishment of community owned water projects in the target communities.
- Play lead role in managing relationships with target beneficiaries, communities and other key stakeholders on health projects.
- Facilitate needs assessments and other surveys within the programs/projects and provide appropriate technical support and feedback for decision making.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of supervised projects and use outcomes to inform the implementation process.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting in line with guidelines for respective programs and projects.
- Synthesize lessons and experiences for continuous improvement of health, interventions within Omega Foundation and affiliates, and for sharing both within the organization and externally.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or any related fields.
- Training in project management is essential.
- Proven writing and editing skills, including the ability to write grant proposals and reports
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings and TOTs and conducting M&E activities
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong community mobilization skills.
- Strong team orientation.
- Strong communications skills
- At least five (5) years in a similar position.
- Applicants MUST quote current and expected salary.
- One year contract – renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Human Resources Officer,
P.O. Box 3246-40100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
E-mail applications should be addressed to ORecruitment@omegafoundation.or.ke and must be copied to email@example.com.